Now that baby is finally here you want photos!
Let me walk you through some options, tips and reasons why to choose the JPEG Studio!
- Have a plan on how you want to display your images. The possibilities are endless but some of the most popular ways to display your new baby are:
- Above the Crib Wall Portraits
- “Picture Wall” somewhere in your home
- A display for your office and then
- Albums are great because in the 1st year they change so much and you want to savor each stage, it’s perfect to take images we have taken all year long and compose a 1st year Album! View a Sample Album - Click here. Which brings me to point #2…
- STAGES – Don't book your appointments based on age...look for major milestones.
- For the newborn stage it really is important to try to get into the studio within the first 3 weeks, then we can get that perfect “sleep anywhere, anyway” photo. Click here to view some great newborn ideas.
After that, I advise my mamas to book appointments based on the following milestones:
- Expressions (which can range from 3-5 months) It’s so heart stopping when your baby smiles at you and begins to let their personality show.
- Sitting up (7-9 months) This is the perfect time to do that family photo for a couple reasons. Lots of new mamas make the mistake of booking family photos right after the baby arrives, waiting a bit gives mom time to look her best too!
Plus at this stage, your baby really gives you lots of personality instead of just sweetly sleeping the session away!
- Walking (10 months to 1 year) Lots of parents love to add in a Birthday Scene and Cake Smash photo shoot to this session!
- Choose the session type that fits you best…
- Newborn Sessions are 2 hours with a sitting fee of $100. Newborns require more time, more diaper changes, more feedings and more patience, hence the longer session time, but you get some precious images you will cherish for years to come.
- Classic Sessions run about 1 hour with a $50 sitting fee for weekday sessions. Unlimited outfits, backdrops, locations. Both Newborn and Classic sessions are completely customize-able and include a 12 image video slideshow with your sitting. We do a pre-session consultation on the phone to plan your session time!
- Friday Photo Club Sessions are my most economical session for kids and run about 1hour total (half the time shooting, half the time ordering). No sitting fee is charged if you can come on a Friday from 8am-4pm, and it’s only $20 if you need to come on a non-Friday or evening. Then my packages start at $25 for 2 5x7s and 8 wallets. The biggest difference on this session is that you get 1 outfit, 1 pre-selected scene and ordering is done the day of the shoot. The best thing is that you earn points for free stuff when you are in the club! Learn more about the club here.
Finally, just remember to stop, let the laundry go and enjoy, it really does go so fast.